I finished two more watercolor flower studies. Mike popped them into frames so fast that I didn’t get a scan so I photographed them right on the wall to share.
Here are the next three watercolor experiments that I have completed. Both are done on cold press paper. The 9×12 one is a prototype of sorts of a painting that I am working on hot press paper. I used it to try out the color choices and then could alter what I did not want to use prior to working on the hot press project. I’m not sure if that makes sense. Anyway it will be a while before I complete the one on the hot press paper. I am semi-content with these…the goofs are obvious…to me especially. It is okay as I am learning but I am still willing to share my progress such as it is. As a side note the scan on these was not so good for the actual color and the more I tried to fix it the less and less good the color looked.
I feel like I am starting to make real progress with watercolor. I did four more studies that were lessons from the DVD that I am learning from. I also created my very own first original of a daisy grouping…my own photo reference, drawing and painting…as opposed to using idea, reference and drawing from the lesson DVD. What I am finding now is that I catch myself…sometimes just in the knick of time…and stop before I over-work the paint and what a difference that makes. I also used Pebeo drawing gum to protect the white of the paper for the daisy petals…good stuff. The wind-blown daisies are done using a wax resist technique to protect the white paper of the daisy petals which is part of the DVD lesson. Two of the floral studies are based on the ink line and wash technique from the DVD too.