My latest watercolor studies
I feel like I am starting to make real progress with watercolor. I did four more studies that were lessons from the DVD that I am learning from. I also created my very own first original of a daisy grouping…my own photo reference, drawing and painting…as opposed to using idea, reference and drawing from the lesson DVD. What I am finding now is that I catch myself…sometimes just in the knick of time…and stop before I over-work the paint and what a difference that makes. I also used Pebeo drawing gum to protect the white of the paper for the daisy petals…good stuff. The wind-blown daisies are done using a wax resist technique to protect the white paper of the daisy petals which is part of the DVD lesson. Two of the floral studies are based on the ink line and wash technique from the DVD too.